Tuesday, 20 January 2015

Spending Money

A good question came in yesterday:

" Mr Deans - how many Euros are required for spending money?"

Some money is definitely required for:

  • The coach journey there and back - Although I take numerous snacks onto the coach with me, the reality is I will be on the coach for a dinner, breakfast then lunch. Across the 3 meals I normally budget approximately 30 Euros.  On the way back a full meal will be served before departure and a packed lunch provided for the following day.  I only budget 20 Euros for the way back.
  • 'Drinks and Snacks' - their is a supermarket in town that students will have a chance to visit - when visiting the shop it is normal to return to the hotel laden with enough sweets, chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks to give an elephant a heart-attack. 50 Euros more than covers snacks  for the week.
  • Soft drinks at the Disco, Karaoke etc - 20 Euros.
  • TOTAL - 120 Euros (approx £95 at current exchange rates)
  • Anything over and above this often gets spent on presents on the way back.  The itinerary is packed, and as hot food is provided at both lunch and dinner, their is very little opportunity to spend anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only members of the blog can comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.